05 September 2006

Almost 1/3 of the way there!!

I am thrilled to point out that we are already almost 1/3 of the way to meeting the challenge goal that I set for this blog! Yea! Thanks to everyone who has donated so far. (And yes, in case you're wondering, I chipped in $10, too.) But, we still need $210 to fund the proposal that I picked out. If we can't make it to that goal, I'll have to find a smaller project to fund.

So, if you haven't given yet, take a moment to read this description of what your money will be funding:


    "I teach two third grade Social Studies classes in Biloxi, Mississippi. The students are being taught from the "Expanding Horizon" theme. They are learning we are interdependent on one another. In the past, I was only able to discuss how communities all over the United States depend on each other. Last year we learned this lesson by first hand experience. Communities all over the United States sent help to the Mississippi Gulf Coast to aid our community after Hurricane Katrina. Many of my students lost everything. They were grateful for all that was done for them. I wanted to find a way to show them they could also aid others in the community. We decided to make cards, and crafts for patients at our local hospital. The response was amazing. We received a thank you note after each delivery to the hospital. The students were amazed when they saw they had made someone's day a little brighter. They learned even though they were just 8 and 9 year old students, they could do something to help make a difference in our community.


    I would like my present classes to experience helping others in the community. We had limited resources last year, so the items we made were very basic. In this grant, I am asking that items be purchased to make cards, and crafts for our "Reaching Out" project.


    The cost of arts and craft materials to make cards is $290, including shipping and fulfillment."


To donate to the challenge, click here or on the thermometer to the right of this entry. Thanks again for your generosity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home