23 August 2006

New Day, New Attitude

To answer everyone's question from my previous post -- yes, I did contact the person who was in charge of hiring at that job. The response was a form letter rejection, so I'm definitely out of the running. I'm not taking it personally, though. I think I've discovered the root of the problem, and I'm going to take care of it before my next interview. Sorry, I really can't go into details on the blog, but rest assured that all is well now.

Stephanie reminded me that we haven't finished the story of our return to the US from France. I don't have enough free time to do that right now, but I'll get it done shortly.

In the meantime, here is one of my favorite pictures. This sunflower grew out of a crack in the cement porch at our last apartment in Ann Arbor. It was such a weird fluke! Of course, someone probably had a bird feeder before us and a seed got stuck in there, but I was amazed that it rooted and actually grew into something incredibly beautiful. So, I'm taking my inspiration from this. It doesn't matter if you're stuck between a rock and a hard place - literally or figuratively. You can still come out smelling like roses. (Or sunflowers, if you prefer!)

1 Comments:

At 27/8/06 01:17, Blogger M said...

that is weird, but amazing.....

a little piece of sunshine by mistake. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home