07 July 2006

Who's that girl?

OK, since I'm a big ol' copycat, I'm going to fill in the blanks that Katrina used on a recent post from her blog. The only difference is that I don't have a cute picture of myself to put up. Ah well, I'll just put up pictures of other people instead.

My favorite color: Dark blue (though it occasionally gives up its #1 spot for dark purple)

Favorite faraway place I've visited: Gee, I wonder...!

Favorite author/poet: I've read a lot lately, but I can't think of a specific author that I absolutely adore. As for poet, I guess I'd say Shel Silverstein. But, my favorite poem is by William Blake: "To see the world in a grain of sand / And heaven in a wildflower / Hold infinity in the palm of your hand / And eternity in an hour."

Biggest pet peeves: Lately, it's been excessive car-horn honking. Also, I really hate the kids who ride the métro and feel the need to play their music outloud instead of using headphones. It's not really that I like or dislike their music choices -- it's more that A) the sound quality is terrible, and B) I'm usually listening to my iPod, so I don't really want more competition. Plus, I think it's really rude! Just like driving around with your windows rolled down and your music blaring. Do you really think people are happy that you are "sharing" your music with them? You don't look any cooler. If anything, you look like a fool! (Except for the guy in Switzerland who was blasting polka music - at least he gets points for creativity.)

Favorite band/song lyrics: Favorite band is probably Garbage. Not that I'm really listening to much from them lately, but I really dig their sound and the lead singer. (It's amazing to me that she has low self-esteem and thinks that she's ugly because I think she is one of the most beautiful women around. She has a really quirky, unconventional type of beauty.) As for favorite song lyrics, man, I know that I should have a million answers to that question! And yet, I'm sitting here drawing a blank. So, I'll just say, "Ain't nobody dope as me, I'm dressed so fresh and clean." (Thanks, OutKast, for basically becoming the mental soundtrack on permanent repeat that accompanies every shower I've taken since the year 2000.)

Favorite way to exercise: I dig pilates and yoga, though I haven't done either in ages. (Also, I suck at both.) I also enjoy weight-lifting (which I also suck at) because it makes me feel like a super-strong person. That, and you see results in your arms really fast when you get into the groove.

How I got my name: As I understand the story, I was supposed to be named Jill LeAnn instead of Amy LeAnn. Mom said that I "just looked like an Amy" when I was born, so they changed. (Apparently, Amy's look like red, squalling, misshapen-headed freaks.) Dad wanted to name me LeAnn because, when he was in the US Army, he babysat for someone who had a daughter with that name. He thought it was a pretty name, but Mom vetoed it to my middle name.

Actor/Actress who stars in most of the movies I own: Well, I sold almost all of my movies before I moved to Paris, so it's tough to answer this question! But, I'm a big fan of Ewan McGregor, Scarlett Johansson, Tim Robbins, Jack Black, and Jon Stewart.

Favorite food: I think it would be easier to name a food that I detest! OK, so for the sake of simplicity, let's just go with any French A.O.C. cheese and some fresh fruit. Oh yea, and a big ol' slab of coeur fondant (think death-by-chocolate cake) for dessert!

Person I'd be happy to become: I wouldn't mind looking like Jennifer Aniston or Catherine Zeta-Jones, but I wouldn't switch places with either lady! I'm pretty happy with who I am, even if I don't have an uber-glamorous life.

Person I'd most like to trip while they were running: George W. Bush. OK, and maybe Brad Pitt. Ooh, and Posh Spice. (Wait, I only get ONE answer?)

What I would have been, if I hadn't been a journalist
: Well, obviously, I'm not a journalist (though I do have a degree in it). And, though I try, I'm not really a geographer, either. I guess if I had it all to do over again, I'd go for a degree in education. I really dig the research and theories on learning.


So, all of you Conan O'Brian wannabes, take those photos and do an "if they mated" photo so that I can see what I would look like if I got everything that I wanted! (That Shel Silverstein photo is really going to be my undoing...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home