22 April 2006

Pictures from Musée Rodin

I've been having ongoing problems getting multiple photos uploaded onto the blog, but fortune smiled on me today. Here are a few shots from yesterday's excursion to the Musée Rodin.


Here he is, The Thinker in all his pensive glory. Colin and I were both marveling at the detail in his calf muscle. Just amazing!


I just liked the expression on this angel's face. I think he's in the midst of battle, but I like to think that he's just really stoked about something, and is yelling, "Yeah!!"


Here is the statue of Honoré de Balzac that Auric was always compared to. (Let's just say that both men were pleasantly plump in the belly area. Of course, the faces are somewhat similar, too.) In the background, you can see the gorgeous gold dome of Les Invalides, where Napoléon rests.


This is the view from the far end of the outdoor sculpture garden, looking back at the museum. It's a typical French garden - everything is symmetrical and groomed into perfect little shapes. I'm glad we got to see it before this place is absolutely swarming with tourists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home