16 April 2006

Lazy Sunday

Happy Easter, everyone! (Or, for the non-Christians, happy Sunday!)

It's a pretty cloudy day here in Paris, but already in the 50's, so I can't complain. Colin and I are going to risk the chance of rain and take Didge out to the Bois de Boulogne for a long stroll this afternoon. I wish I could say we will be working off a big Easter dinner, but since it's just the two of us, we'll have our normal fare. We tried to find ham of a respectable enough thickness to have ham steaks, but no such luck. Oh well, just one more thing we can enjoy when we get back to the States!

Except for the exciting arrival of the letter from Michèle Auric, it's been a quiet week for us. Colin has been diligently combing the libraries, and I've been visiting the gym and lugging groceries up the stairs. (Side note: I thought stairs were supposed to get easier when you took them all the time. Not so. I think they get harder every day!)

I also made a trip to Cimetière Montparnasse on Thursday to get more grave pictures for FindaGrave.com. As usual, I met an assortment of characters among the graves, including a gentleman who has been searching "for years" for the grave of painter Oscar Dominguez. I got the grave's exact location from the conservation, but neither one of us could find it. So, my anonymous friend decided instead to reward me with a tour of other graves nearby where we were. I learned that the sculpture on Cesar Franck's grave is an original Rodin (my favorite scultptor), as they were good friends. I continue to marvel at the people that wander the rows of cemeteries, just waiting for a chance to show a tourist what they know! You never know what you're going to find next.

On a different note, I have a question for the few people who still comment on my blog. (Hint hint!!) Colin and I discussed this with our friends Ryan and Lisa last night on AIM, so I thought I'd bring it to the blog.

Practical considerations aside (safety, health, money, etc), what is the place on earth that you would LEAST like to visit, and why? (Or, if you prefer, what is your top destination and why?)

3 Comments:

At 19/4/06 16:33, Blogger Unknown said...

It finally came to where I have no desire to ever visit--Branson, MO. I'm sure a lot of my aversion to this place has to do with my age, but it would take quite a bit to convince me to go there. Ask me again in thirty years, though. By then there will be new entertainment acts and musical mainstays there with their own theatres. I can see it now: Thursday night will be spent at the Dave Chapelle Dinner Theatre; Friday night will be the Flaming Lips Branson Experience; and we will top off our trip at the Saturday night Pearl Jam-boree

 
At 19/4/06 19:33, Blogger amy7252 said...

No, no. Branson will be the home of all of the American Idol winners. Friday night will be the "Achin' for Clay Aiken" show, and Saturday's big event will be Kelly "hey, at least I had a real career" Clarkson.

 
At 19/4/06 19:35, Blogger amy7252 said...

No way. Branson will be the final destination for all of the American Idol contestants. Friday night will be "Achin' for Aiken" and Saturday will be Kelly "hey, at least I made a real career out of my win" Clarkson. Thursday afternoon will be the Ruben "I'm still sorry for 2004" Studdard-a-thon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home