10 February 2006

Take me to another place, take me to another land

Quick tip to French business entrepreneurs: even though you know an assortment of "American" things, you still need to do a little bit of homework to make sure that they go together logically. Case in point:


Behold, Le Tennessee. Colin and I stumbled upon this establishment on Wednesday evening while killing time before dinner. Note that you have three distinctly American elements here: 1) The state of Tennessee, 2) A cowboy being thrown from a bucking bronco, and 3) jazz. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't generally think of Tennessee as the home of jazz-loving cowboys. (Insert your own Brokeback Mountain joke here.) The only way this would get better is if the menu features Chicago Deep-Dish Pizza. Of course, now I wonder if there are any "ethnic" restaurants in the US that commit the same errors of association.

In more disturbing signage news (subtitled: company abbreviations that wouldn't fly in the US):

I don't know about the rest of the female population, but the word "Pap" refers to one thing, and one thing only. And I sure as heck wouldn't base my vacation plans around that.

1 Comments:

At 12/2/06 20:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do they serve at Le Tennessee? Hopefully, you get to check out the menu sometime.

-Coops

 

Post a Comment

<< Home