30 December 2005

Uno, Deux ...

[posted by Amy]

This evening ended with the most cutthroat game of Uno I have ever played. All I can say is that it's a good thing that Beanie can't hear yet ... there were a lot of inappropriate words in more than one language used this evening!

We ate at the famous Les Deux Magots (the two ugly men, not the two maggots) today. I took a picture of the statues that give the café its name:

Personally, I don't think they are that ugly! The Americans that came in there were, though. (Lots of dumb tourists whining about the prices and the fact that they couldn't carry in food from the street vendor outside.)

After that, we braved the snow and sleet on our way to the Musée Picasso. (It was a NASTY winter day today!) I didn't enjoy the museum as much as I expected - there are far more sketches in the current exhibit than paintings, and I prefer lots of color. I may just be "museumed out" after three days of art in a row, though.

I have the perfect cure for that, though ... SHOPPING! Tomorrow is girls' afternoon out for shopping. I doubt I'll have a report tomorrow night, since it's also New Year's Eve and we'll be out having fun! Alas, there isn't anything going on in the city, so it looks like we're just going to a party hosted by our new friends, Doug and Stephanie. So...

Happy New Year, everyone!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home